Imagine everyone living life in peace...

Sunday, December 8, 2013

I Remember

I remember...

I remember when life was easy. I remember when we me and my best friend spent every waking moment together. I remember those warm summer days making the backyard into a water park and running around in the water until we were about to pass out. I remember the big mechanics screwdriver my aunt gave me when I was 3 (I didn't like fake tools I wanted the real ones) I remember how my parents hid it from me because I would chase people around the house with it. I remember when nap time was almost a punishment. I remember when my parents said they were getting a divorce. (I didn't even know what that word meant) I remember how my older sister reacted. I remember how confused I was... I didn't know what was going on. I remember when I would fake sick so I didn't have to go to school. (now I just skip and go get food or something) I remember when my mom bought a new house. I remember how there was teddybear wallpaper in my room and I refused to sleep in it until it was taken down. I remember when my dad started dating again. I remember this one girl he took on a date wouldn't let me sit on the counter to look at the ice-cream. (I always sat on the counter to look at the ice-cream choices. So I didn't like her) I remember how I would always choose the lime green ice-cream. I remember how when I would get ice-cream and I would only use the little sample spoons not the big ones they give you. (I still do that) I remember when I only had one teacher all day and we would write the whole days schedule on the whiteboard. I remember how weird it was to have more than one teacher. I remember when I got a 99% on a test in 9th grade. I remember how the teacher was mad that I didn't study ("because I could have gotten a 100%") I remember when I got to high school. It felt so big. I remember having english 10 with Mr Nelson. I remember thinking about how lucky I had gotten. ("he was the greatest english teacher ever") I remember faking my way through the whole journal writing prompts. I remember how half my page would be about how my hand was cramping up but I had to fill the page. I remember how much I hated trying to fill the page (even though I conformed and did it anyways) I remember how it feels like just yesterday we were starting 10th grade. Now we are graduating high school in just a few months... Weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment